Welcome to the Harvey, Donaldson & Gibson Coronavirus information area. Here you can find out how we have responded to the Covid 19 pandemic and how we will manage this going forward to provide a safe and reassuring service for our customers and our team.
Our Customer Service team are working hard to ensure your queries and instructions are given the absolute highest priority – your enquiry is important to us and we thank you in advance for your patience at this time.
In Scotland the Government is cautiously easing the measures put in place to limit the pandemic. We have followed these measures strictly and will not undertake any inspections until we are advised it is safe and legal to do so by the Government. At present we anticipate this to be confirmed on 18th June 2020, when we will move into Phase 2 of the easing plan and we can then return to inspecting properties for our clients. We are looking forward to once again providing a full range of services and supporting the people of Scotland in their plans for home moving.
On 11th May 2020 the Government issued guidance for working safely in other people’s homes during the Covid 19 Pandemic. This guidance (and updates) has informed our planning for a return to work. You can view our company certificate confirming compliance with Government guidance by clicking here.
What have we done to ensure we have met and complied with Government guidance?
- We have ensured all staff who have been able to work from home have done and will continue to do for as long as necessary. Our offices will not re-open until it is safe to do so.
- At no stage to date have any of our surveyors left their houses for work related matters.
How will we ensure we inspect your home safely for you and our people?
- Questions relating to your household will be asked at booking stage and will inform whether or not we can attend to inspect your property.
- Our Surveyors have received all necessary training to undertake the necessary risk assessments prior to entry to your home and will never access your house unless it is absolutely safe to do so for you and themselves.
- All of our Surveyors have a robust stock of PPE to enable the inspection to be undertaken with the highest level of safety for their protection and yours.
- All of our Surveyors will make sure they maintain the minimum safe distance from you and your family.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information – the video will be emailed to you prior to any appointment and is available to view above.
Harvey, Donaldson & Gibson